Thursday 24 October 2013

HUTONG and BENARES: For Dinner

Shard+London+View+Hutong+England
View from Hutong at The Shard
 
So I have been dying to go to the shard for ages! Finally, when a friend of mine from LA was in town a couple of weeks ago, he suggested we dine at Hutong. If I wasn't already delighted by the mind-blowingly splendid views of London (The most beautiful city in the world!) from the 33rd floor of The Shard, I was floored by the exquisite flavours of "Northern China" we experienced over dinner.  I let my friend Fernando guide me through the menu, so I can't begin to tell you what we ate.(Sometimes I am such a food tourist.) But I can tell you, every dish was a culinary adventure not to be missed.  
 
Artistry/Dinner at Benares
 
As if going to Hutong wasn't being spoiled enough, we also went to Benares in Mayfair for the most outstanding Indian food.  I have to hold my hand up and tell you, I don't know a great deal about Indian food, so again I was guided through the menu. But again, I was overwhelmed at discovering new, rich and complex flavours. I am told Benares is Indian food at its best --I can believe it. I must also add, the service was outstanding. The waiters were one step ahead of the game at all times --true professionals. It was one of those rare occasions where everything worked: Food, Venue, Service. Benares is a masterpiece.    

No comments:

Post a Comment